Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Seriously, if you had told me the stuff I would be doing.... and I'm not talking about distances....

This is a how a conversation with my triathlon coach will go like:

Me:  Can you change this and this training for me?
Coach:  Why?
Me:  Because of life-long fear or apprehension that has me doing/not doing something a certain way my whole entire life
Coach:  Deal with it
Me:  Ok

A bit paraphrased, but you get the gist of it.  Had to step outside my comfort zone today in a huge way.  If you had told me the things I would be doing I'd have told you you were nuts.  And in all instances so far, once I dealt with it, it wasn't as big of a deal as I thought it was going to be, and I'm actually better off because of having done it :)  This Ironman training is turning out into a life-changing experience already!!  It's funny that when it comes to the Ironman training I'll be told, go deal with that lifelong fear, and I'm like ok, done.  Seriously, going downhill at 30+ miles per hour on the bike, for example, when 17 used to scare the hell out of me three months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment