Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Coffee out, electrolytes in.

Stopped drinking coffee Monday night, priming my body to get an extra caffeine kick on Saturday, and I hate it lol  Also started drinking Powerade Zero along with water to start getting electrolytes in.  My diet consists mostly of chicken, yams, rice, vegetables, and oatmeal.  And I like it!!

I'm going to try to go all out on today's bike workout.  I think that I'm afraid of blowing up (tri lingo to running out of power completely to the point that you have to stop exercising and rest from a couple of minutes to even longer) and I don't go all out, but I will use this session in particular to be panting at the end.

At the Xterra 10K I noticed how heavily people passing me were breathing, they were going all out and not afraid of not reaching the finish line.

Still can't do 2 miles on the treadmill at 6 MPH but I can do 3 at 5 MPH.  Treadmill running is harder for me than running on road/track/trail/etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment