Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Big Girl Step

I got to use the Big Girl Step today (refer to previous post).  The first thing I did was freak out lol  Not because it was difficult but because by gosh that thing is FAR UP from the ground!!  Apparently I have height issues when I'm separated from the ground from a lot.  That thing must have been five inches!!  So I set it next to a machine so I can grab on as needed.  Then I think, you're all talk, big macho this and that, big girl step et all, and grabbed that step and moved it away from stuff.  Got used to the height after a few more reps.  I had not counted on the height issue.

It only took 5.5 weeks :)

You know, you have to have a strong sense of self to weightlift lol  Specially when the weight is always adjusted down from the person before you  :)  I am definitely one of if not the weakest person in my tri training group.  And that's just the way I like it.  I love being last.  I love everyone getting better together.  And I like testing how hard I can go and how quickly I can make progress.  I was able to do situps in which I was in a downward incline, I don't think I could do those when I started working out.  And I did that tricep exercise where you start with the bar over your stomach and bring it down and up.  I used to struggle with 10 lbs and was using 5 lbs on each side for the triceps.  Now I was using a 20 lb bar and it felt much easier than before.  I'm noticing 25 lbs for some arm exercises.  Very exciting times.

Going to ask for measurements in two weeks, after 8 weeks of training.  I can't wait to see what a year of this brings.

Ran in the middle of the night at a break from work and the weather was AWESOME.  4 miles at 11:01 so I was satisfied :)  Leave for RAGNAR tomorrow.  I can't wait, this promises to at last be the RAGNAR experience I've been looking for.

The weight session Monday messed up my shoulder, it was crossing over the left arm holding a weight to the right side in front, that particular motion doesn't seem to do me a world of good.  Better to skip it.  I lost some range of motion which has happened before but not in over a year with BodyPump and it goes away after a couple of days.  I was surprised that the shoulder did wonderfully today and only gave me issues with one exercise in which I had to hop to the side then reach forward, but after a couple of sets the shoulder "warmed up" and I regained full mobility and even now even though it hurts a bit more than usual when I do some moves I got all my range of motion back.  I've found that a lot, when I'm sore, working out takes it away.  It's really as if my body gets warmed and oiled and performs better working out than at rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment