Thursday, July 5, 2012

"Surrendering myself" one more time.

So I read something about not doing more than what's on your schedule, adding a mile here and there, etc.  Me personified, in other words.  Hating off days, competitive, etc.  I keep telling this friend of mine that NOW I'm ready to surrender myself to coach and plan, as I like to call it.  First it was the group classes at the gym and as the time goes I get a stronger sense that I'm really not going back to them (heart holds on to hope!).  Then it was scheduling group rides and runs into the schedule.  There that went.  It's funny because I keep telling my friend ok now I surrender and she keeps saying yeah right.  I'm in (again, and again, and again....)... no more extra miles or minutes.  Coach took away miles from trainer and track since I would add to the workout at the end to get to those miles.  I found that funny.  So now I have no miles goal, just the workout session.

I'm starting to feel better about the HIM.  I'm up to 8 miles and I need to be at 13.1 by October 20th.  Taking away a two week taper that's still 13.5 weeks away.  I'll be able to run a HM by then.  45 on the bike and need to be at 56.  I can do the 2000 swimming now, so that was never an issue.  We'll see how fast (or slow ha) I do it.  But it's starting to take shape and I'm starting to freak out less about the distance part at least.  Still freaking out about the speed.  11.4 MPH at Charleston isn't going to get me 12 MPH+ at Boulder Beach (and like to workout as I may, I really don't want to be out there the full eight hours).

Yesterday's run wasn't as easy as the other ones and at mile six I had to mentally settle down for the last two.  Maybe it was just an off night, but I had to apply a bit of effort to finish and I hadn't had to do that so far when it came to the runs, I just ran.

Doing the loop on Sunday, looking forward to that and how I compare with my first time, especially since I now have clipless and the compact crank.

So somebody told me that progress is not linear which is what I'm hoping, that there's spikes up in performance.

I found out during yesterday's strength that I can now go on plank and then get down on my elbows and get back up to plank without being on my knees, and I couldn't eight weeks ago.  They do this particular move in BodyPump all the time and I could never do it.  Kind of amazed I can.  I can do something now I couldn't do before.  Hanging on to a bar with arms bent... I got three good ones then it all went to the crapper.  Well, that's three more than when I started.  And on Saturday I was able to raise my legs up to a 90 degree angle in that stationary ab machine where you hold yourself up with 90-degree arms.  And today surprisingly I can now use a stability ball and roll out all the way to my ankles.  Hard as hell and I fell off a couple of times the third set but amazed I can do it at all.  Strength is slowly and steadily improving.  At least I can do something right ha.

Each day that passes I get more hopelessly addicted to the training.  I am having the time of my life.  I start running, throw my head back, and laugh.  I smile under water.  Biking's just as fun.  This is not work, this is a blast.  The strength training has become as fun as the SBR.  There is nothing I'd rather be doing right now than training for the Ironman.

I am so glad I decided to go with CdA instead of Texas.  I won't do my first IM at 34, I'll do it at 35, but all I hear is how great the crowd support is, and since Texas registration has now been delayed over a month, how much do the TX people really love their IM?  Getting so excited.  IMCdA13 or Bust! is my new motto =)

No comments:

Post a Comment