Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Up, down, up, down.

Well, had a dizziness flare-up and actually cut a workout short, 6 mile run turned into 2.5 mile run.  It started Friday I believe and it made my Saturday ride hard and then Sunday I just couldn't run, people were blurry and I had trouble focusing on the signs on the wall on the way out.  Still dizzy Monday but the strength training somehow helped and by the bike ride Monday night I was feeling almost back to the "normal" dizziness baseline.  Right now a little worse than normal but I may be able to run, hopefully cleared by my next run Thursday.  Made me think what I would do if I flare up on the day of IMTX.  Back to Jillian Michaels, Faint, Puke, Die, or Finish, hopefully finish.

I'm up to about 13 MPH and I need to be 14 MPH by Ironman, hopefully 15 to give me a little breathing room, so hopefully one year is enough time to get there.  I'm still running only six miles, and less than 20 weeks left for my Half.  I can do 12 MPH and still meet the bike cutoff for the half.  That's one part I hate to training, it all feels like the event is just around the corner.

Had headwind from hell Saturday during my ride and I actually thought I was going to have to bail out of a workout (and I sadly did the next day).  Very tough ride back.  Ultimately it was easier to pedal than to flag down a cell phone (I still don't like to take my cell phone with me but I think I'm going to have to start doing it, sucks to be stuck 17 miles away from the car).  I was worried I wasn't going to beat the sunset but I did.

So this morning I was telling my coach that I wasn't progressing and she mentioned I did 40 minutes better in Irongirl and I said that's because I hadn't trained before and she said so see the training's working.  I then said well let me rephrase that I'm not progressing at the rate I want to, and she said something brilliant:  Nobody ever does.  So I'm just going to sit back and enjoy it and whatever happens, happens.

I'm also going to work on being happier with results, whatever they are.  I think it does take away from the experience to nitpick your race and time right at the finish line, and I don't want it to be that way, so I will leave that for the computer back home when I upload the data, but the finish is all going to be warm fuzzies.  I have to work on being happier with accomplishments before setting a goal of something better.

No comments:

Post a Comment